Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Poetry pt 2


Poem 1: Cheating

Well I digress

I must protest

The way you are behaving



For it was love


And never lust

That I had been craving



I gave up every word


And Every tear

That ever I'd been saving



The silver blade


The red, broken vein

You called it misbehaving



Well I digress


I must protest

In the way that I've been treated



For It was you


Twas never I

Who said I'd been defeated



So here I stand


Leather bags in hand

And away I am retreating



Of your cold heart I've tired


There's nothing left of you to be admired

And It is I, whom you've been cheating
============================================= 
 Poem 2: Cheers
This is for everything you tore apart
And every time you broke my heart
For every girl you've ever seen
And for every hand you held
That didn't belong to me...
For every lie you ever told
And every time I believed
For all the times you said you'd go
But instead you'd never leave
For every rumor that you've spread
Since I left you alone
And for every girl you'd been brave enough
To bring into our home
For every scar on my body
That was ever caused by you
For the memory of every bruise
Faded, black, and blue.
For every time you watched me cry
And you just sat and stared
For every time you promised your love to me
And yet it was never there
Here's to every emotional scar I have
And all the years I wasted on you
Here are the photos of me in my wedding dress
I hope you burn these too
Heres to the memory of you as my friend
Whatever happened to you
Here's to the times we sat around and laughed
And even to the times we cried
Here's to the nights I told you the truth
Here's to the nights you lied
Here's to the days you carried my books
Here's to the nights we got funny looks
For all the loving we were showing each other
And here's to your life, with someone other...
Someone other than me, now I hope you can see
That this toast is the end of everything.
There will be no more laughter
There will be no more tears
There will be no small children
Down the road in five years
There will be no long journey
Down the aisle of wedded bliss
There will be no I love yous
And no Goodnight kiss...
There will be no true love stories
For our childrens children as planned
For There will be nothing left by then
Of this relationship we once had
There will be no long tales
Of our days in study hall
And no photos of memories
In our home on the wall
There will never be the things
You wished for there to be
Because there is no more you
Loving me...
And Here's to your new girlfriend
Whose wearing my clothes
And Here's to my heart
Because only she knows...
Why I don't love you anymore.
I think I finally know for sure....
So Here's to the nights
We fell deep in love
And heres to the years
We struggled to keep up
And Here's to the day
We finally said goodbye
And here's the toast
That ended it all...
Cheers, to no more wondering why 
===============================================
Poem 3: Love Destruction

You once loved me
Not just for everything I wasn't
But for everything
I was
My loved for you poured
Like the rain bursting from the August sky
So many years of wasted bliss
And ignorance
We kept thinking life
Could never intervene
And nothing would ever come
In between
You and I, with our love so
Seemingly flawless
Never knowing how lost
Each of us really were
You helped me through the roughest times
You wiped away each tear I cried
And now those days are gone
They've passed us by
Leaving me with no more tears
To cry…
With each new day I awaken
My first morning breath is spent
Just thinking of you…
And me, and what can never be.
It's funny…
They say, "You don't really know what you've got
Til it's gone."
But I had you
And slowly I began losing grasp
It was a feeling I had hoped would eventually
Surpass
Now you're gone
I'm moving on
There's a new chapter it seems
Inside the story of me…
I can't help but regret
Leaving everything I could never forget
Behind in our past
We could have made it last…
We could have forgiven
Forgiven ourselves enough
To let love in again
I wish I'd never given you up
My dearest friend
But now as it seems
You're happier without me
That's all I've ever wanted for you
Smile and move on with your life
Don't ever think back
Don't look to the past
Or think of the maybes
Or the nights spent crying
Over anything
Hold your head high
As our entangled hearts say goodbye
And mourn over the love
We destroyed.

==========================================
Poem 4: Charades

The words I have to say to you
Remain
They're stuck in my throat
And I choke--
As my eyes quickly moisten
You become an image
Of watercolor beauty
right before my eyes
And as I die
I see your smiling face
Which could never be replaced
Because--
There could never be another you
Who would fit me, the way you do...
You with your loving bright eyes
And you're little white lies...
That you told me each time
We held each other to cry
Together...
but alone in my room
And we both knew--
That this was love
But it would never last
Because the past
Could never let it rest
So we swore we'd just
Forget It All--
But who could forget you
Standing there now, in such dark clothes
With a Smile on your face
Because only you know
Why....
My necrosis is now a reality
Though no one wants to believe it
I smile to myself
As you lean in to kiss me
I never imagined you would...
The cold, stiff, flesh--
I was certain
Would destroy you
The closed eyes
And The makeup that tries
To confuse you
The lies that they portray
The eyes that they've arranged
With decoration--
Befitting a young lady
Who sadly Isn't me
Why Can't you see?
Don't you cry for me
Because--
We both know
You were gone
Long before I was--
And I missed you for so long
My tears they fell
Just like a summer rain
My heart breaking each time
The thunder rolled
And you've always known...
============================================
Poem 5: Dear Mother

She tried to hide
Behind her piercings
Behind her unnatural dyes
But in doing so she knew
You could still see the pain in her eyes
Her black jeans
With matching shirt
And the blue hoodie
Hiding her open wrists
The weather was as warm
As the blood trickling down her arm
Why did no one ask?
Why could no one help her?
It was the dead of summer
They knew
They had to know...
Betrayed by her own
Flesh and blood, why
Mother?
Why did you not care?
The denial grabbed you by the throat mother
It choked you and you didn't care
You were blind mother
And it was by choice
...Not fate
Oh mother...
Why did you not help your only daughter?
Why did you knowingly
Let me bleed at night?

0 comments:

Post a Comment