Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Absolutely Random...

Music is my sanity. It is the one constant in my life, even though my tastes are ever changing. No matter what mood I'm in, there's a song to fit. No matter what song I'm listening to, my mood transforms to fit. I think that I could spend the rest of my life without a book, movie, or television as long as I always had my music.

Music has always spoken to me. I can read beneath the words, and feel the lyrics. I get goosebumps if a song touches me, and I have been known to cry at many sappy country songs. (Be quiet, I can see you rolling your eyes and laughing at me!) I find that I have a wide variety of tastes from rap/country/alternative/pop etc. If there's a song you want me to hear, then I'll always give it a try. As long as you're willing to do the same for me, and give my music a shot. In fact, Right NOW I want you to go to Itunes (or whatever you use) and download the following songs/artists. You don't have to like or love them, but just give them a go....ready?


Music/Artists To Download/Buy:

1.) Augustana-Boston 
2.) Bleed-Cold
3.) Need You Now-Lady Antebellum
4.) If You Only Knew-ShineDown
5.) Deep Inside Of You-Third Eye Blind
6.) Swing Life Away-Rise Against
7.) I Will Follow You Into The Dark-Death Cab For Cutie
8.) Give Me Your Eyes-Brandon Heath
9.) New Soul-Yael Naim
10.) Sleepless Nights-Faber Drive
11.) Remembering Sunday-All Time Low
12.) Practice Makes Perfect-Cute Is What We Aim For
13.) Stolen-Dashboard Confessional
14.) I Get Off-Halestorm
15.) If I Close My Eyes Forever-Ozzy Osbourne ft/Lita Ford
16.) Arizona-Hey Monday
17.) The Reason-Hoobastank
18.) Can't Let Go-Landon Pigg
19.) Whoever She Is-The Maine
20.) You Be The Anchor-MayDay Parade
21.) Anywhere But Here-MayDay Parade
22.) Over The Years-NeverShoutNever!
23.) According To You-Orianthi
24.) Saltwater Room-Owl City
25.) Vanilla Twilight- Owl City


Now, these are mostly songs I've been listening to tonight, so there is obviously a theme in the type of song. I hope you listen and enjoy them. I will be posting more later in this blog. Feel free to send me suggestions. I listen to everything except polka/jazz/elevator music. I just am an avid lover of music is all. I thought I would share my passion with you.

The other thing I'm passionate about is photography. I'm not great at it, but I do give it my best shot. Some day I hope to open a studio, or even do freelance work. For now, I just have my Rebel to take fabulous shots of my sweet baby girl. We'll see what life has in store for me. We'll see what the cards hold. For now, I'm just living life, writing blogs, hanging out, and enjoying life.

Let's see where life takes me next.
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I think you have great taste in music...especially New Soul....:) I can relate to your love of music because that is how I feel about books. I also love music, but I will always pick books over music!

Post a Comment