Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Poetry Pt 1

Here are a few of my poems from the past. I will post a few different entries of these for you to see. Some are great, some are terrible. They are from the past 4 years. :) Enjoy!

Poem 1: Snowstorm

Noises echo in my mind
A Melody, I can not find
Trees are swaying in the breeze
Inspiration, eludes me
Clouds of Grey are passing by
Within the sweetest sorrows, of the evening sky
The Winds are gusting, blowing leaves
Lonesome swings, deceiving me
The sun is shining, though not warm
I predict a long snow storm 

=============================
Poem 2: Heaven
(This is going to be converted into a story, I don't like it as a poem)

I saw you there this morning,
You were laying your hands upon him once again.
I listened to his screams, his cries
His begging pleas to stop.
…You didn’t.
His face is bruised and swollen,
You have no recollection of what you’ve done, do you?
Another day, another bottle,
Is that all you think about...
How will you get your next fix?
How will you afford just one more case this time…
Fill the red cooler with the white lid,
Take it out on gravel,
Drink while you drive, with the music turned up loud.
You are invincible aren’t you,
Nothing bad could ever happen.
…No, not to you
Days turn into years,
With every day you remain alive after your charade,
Your courage grows just a little bit stronger.
Until one day…
That broken little boy,
Rides the bus home.
Theres no one to greet him at the end of the drive this time.
He walks the half mile to the house,
At the tender age of seven,
he’s home alone.
Where are you?
“Where are you mommy?” He asks with fear in his voice.
As his tears begin to fall,
He sits on the front steps of your country home…
No one is there for him,
No one at all.
Hours pass him by,
The broken boy remains tearfully seated.
He is in the same position as hours before.
Finally, up the drive pulls a white car
With lights of red and blue,
He knows what this means...
He knows deep in his heart.
The friendly police officer greets him,
“Son, how long have you been sitting here in the cold?” He asks the broken boy.
The young child just bows his head, and watches his tears silently hit the concrete.
He knows what comes next…
Mommy and daddy would never leave him home alone,
Not now.
Not like this.
Not on this cold December night.
He knows deep in his heart where mommy has gone…
He looks up at the officer with tear filled brown eyes
And with one simple word, he has his answer
“Heaven." 
============================================================
Poem 3: Revolving Door

I constantly swore
That my love for you was never more
And yet here I am, once again
Standing Idly outside your door


I could easily find the words to say
That I loathed your very existance
And yet here we are
And I haven't strayed far

I tell all my friends
This will be the honest end
And here I am sleeping over
Waiting for my heart to mend

I believe all your lies
And you doubt all my truths
So what is it darling
That keeps me here with you

Every smile I had to fake
Every lie you tried to hide
Every little piece of me
That slowly withered and died

Every time you smashed my heart
Then mended it once more
Was nothing but the creation
Of our revolving door 
====================================================
Poem 4: Outsider
(Written with several song titles, and kind of nonsensical)

You push against my lips
Delivering your poison kiss
And darling I refuse to believe
Just what it is you're telling me

For, Ignorance was never bliss
And never could I cherish it
my heart was far too busy, with its breaking
And my crying eyes, too busy aching.

With the changing colors of every autumns eve
I was reminded of all that we used to be
Candlelit picnics in Cavanaugh park
Wrapped in your coat, as I was chilled by the dark.

Pretending one day, we too would escape
Bringing nothing along, but your old worn mix tape
Dreaming of jumping aboard a runaway train
Hoping our efforts, would not be lost in vain.

I realize now, that those were just dreams
And I understand nothing is quite what it seems
Now I am on the outside, and I'm peering in
And I cannot seem to find the spot, that I used to fit in. 

 

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

These are very deep, emotional poems Sarah. I especially like Snowstorm and Outsider, but they all convey a great amount of passion and emotion. I challenge you to write a happy poem now...just for fun!

Post a Comment